Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Updated shop pics

In anticipation of our reopening the shop Tuesday, May 12, we did a bit of reorganizing.  We hadn't planned to rework the entire shop but one thing led to another and another.....and pretty soon we had moved lots of things.  We understand many are staying home so wanted to share photos.  If you spot something you would like more information about, please let us know. 
It's a good thing we have several quilt racks because our walls are almost full!
Debby finished the tea towel of the month for June, "Here Comes the Sun".  Several days this week we've asked ourselves that question - just where is the sun?!  If you're on automatic to receive the tea towel, Debby will be processing your order shortly.  If you're not and would like to be, please e-mail info@sewgracefulquilting.com and we'll get you set up.  Kit for the pattern and tea towel is $11.95.  If you'd like us to put together a thread kit, let us know when you place your order.
We're happy to share Kay's newest pattern, Stepping Stones.  Your $64.95 kit includes the pattern, Moda's Porcelain layer cake designed by 3 Sisters and coordinating border and binding prints.  The quilt finishes 58" x 64".  We've included a photo of the completed quilt and a couple of close up photos which show the border and binding fabric clearly.  
This week we have more beautiful creations to share.  If you don't see your quilt in the newsletter this week, don't worry.....we will share it in a future newsletter.

Lillie Eaton sent us a photo of her "Sleigh Bells" quilt designed by Jan Patek.  We love how she combined a variety of fabrics to create this quilt. 
Pam Mobley shared a photo of another quilt designed by Jan Patek, It's a Wonderful Life.  Pam writes "This is one of my first appliqué quilts.  I keep it hanging in my sewing room all year long.  I purchased It from the Rabbits Lair and Darlene helped me pick out the backing and quilted it for me . So this goes back  a few years."

Isn't it fun to look at quilts we made years ago and think about what was happening in our life during that time?
Arlene Kirby writes "I’m 500 miles away from Sew Graceful Quilting, but enjoy your newsletters and seeing you at quilt shows. I picked up this kit and several others when I got to visit your shop in person several years ago while we were on vacation. Finished it with all the “home time” I’ve spent this last month due to the Coronavirus. Love your kits! Wish I lived closer to take some classes!"

Hopefully we will be back to our regular vending schedule next year so we can inspire lots of people!
We absolutely love how Mardi Crandall changed the look of our 2019 $10 block of the month, Fairytale Cottages.  She writes "Thank you so much for your guidance and patience as I worked on my first ever wool appliqué project. You gave me confidence to make some changes to suit my own color choices and switch around the blocks to tell the story of changing seasons. I so enjoyed doing your block of the month quilt.  I am also enjoying seeing it hang in my home!"

We would never have thought about changing the quilt to reflect the seasons -- great job Mardi!
Carol Schwartz sent us a photo of a paper mache box she covered.  She writes "I covered the box with the wool you sent me. I designed the top and added the polyfil in the lid to give it some interest. I added the horse button I had bought from you when I still lived there. It was perfect!!  You remember how I like homes in my quilts so I extended it to my round box."

Notice all the specialty stitches Carol added to the top -- we especially like how she used patchwork to cover the box bottom. 
We have more to share next week.  Hope to see you soon.

Darlene and Debby

No comments: