Wednesday, May 16, 2018

New Maggie and Kathy books

Hi everyone!  It's Kay filling in for Darlene and Debby while they're on their no technology vacation.  I hope they're having a wonderful time - I have had a blast keeping the shop open.  I love to putter around among pretty fabric.

I reworked the display by the front counter and am excited to share photos.  As I rolled the tea towels my mind was busy thinking of ways to use them for future projects.  If you have an itch to decorate your own towels, they're available for $4.95 each.  E-mail info@sewgracefulquilting.com and I'll be happy to hold one (or more) for you.
The quilt on the second shelf (photo above) was designed by Darlene and Debby.  "Hopscotch" finishes 48" x 66" so is the perfect size to send with your college bound child or grandchild.  Your $54.95 kit includes the pattern, fabrics for the top, borders and binding.  The kit features French General fabric by Moda.

The photo gives the impression the white fabric is super white; it's actually a creamy white with a small print.  I'll be happy to send closeup photos if you're interested.
Quiltmania #125 arrived.  It's packed with lots of inspiration including photos of winning quilts at both the prestigious Nihon exhibition in Japan and the Road to California show.  Since I am interested in antique fabric and Baltimore album style quilts, I found Barbara Brackman's article about prussian blue particularly interesting.  The magazine also contains instructions for 7 quilts (including part 3 of the on-going mystery quilt).  All that inspiration costs only $13.99.

If you're on automatic shipment, Debby processed your order last week.  If you're not and would like to be sure you never miss an issue, send us an email and we'll get you set up.  If you'd prefer to purchase just this issue, let me know.  I run by the post office each day after I leave the shop so your magazine will go out quickly.
I checked our Moda orders and see two books we've been eagerly anticipating have been shipped.  They'll be ready for pick up on Tuesday, May 22.  If you requested shipment, Debby will work to get them shipped next week.  We ordered extra copies so let us know if you would like a copy.

Maggie Bonanomi's book "Pure & Simple - 17 Primitive Projects Inspired by Seasons" looks absolutely wonderful.  I've created a collage of some of my favorite photos from the book -- it was hard to choose which to include.  As I look through photos from the book, I can see several projects created using the tea towels I rolled yesterday.  $27.99
Kathy Schmitz' book "Stitches from the Yuletide - Hand Embroidery to Celebrate the Season" contains projects sure to make you smile.  Although Kathy has embroidered each project, I think they would be equally darling converted to wool applique.  $25.99
Please let me know if I can reserve any of the items featured in this week's newsletter by e-mailing info@sewgracefulquilting.com.  Please include your phone number when e-mailing.  If I need payment info, I'll give you a call.

I hope you have a lovely week.
Kay

No comments: